We have all seen the images of exploded mobile phones and batteries caught on fire in cargo planes. Lithium batteries are becoming more powerful to be able to keep our phones going and the e-bikes rolling. But if not handled correctly they pose a real danger. Here is what you should know when shipping batteries….
“We’re growing with our clients in Turkey”
Within ten years Turkey’s exports have increased over 40 percent and the market is becoming all the more interesting for the manufacturing sector. Today there are approximately 250 Swedish companies represented in Turkey, for example H&M, Lindex, Ikea and logistics company InterEast.
– Turkey is a challenging market with Istanbul located both in Europe and Asia; nevertheless many companies have placed their production there in the recent years. We have to be where our clients need us, says Oscar Törnqvist, COO of InterEast.
Turkey is one of the world’s fastest growing economies. In the last ten years more and more Swedish companies have moved production to Turkey, foremost companies in textile and clothing as it’s possible to produce small collections with high quality. This growth increases the demand for logistics and transport services and also the need for InterEast to have a local office in Istanbul.
– It is largely German companies that have lead the trend of moving production to Turkey and the rest of Europe has followed suit. Our Turkish office is a result of the fact that we have a strong and stable organization in those markets our clients move around in the most, adds Oscar Törnqvist.
Routines provide quality
InterEast’s office in Istanbul opened its doors a year ago and consists today of a team of two. Good local knowledge and a big contact network on location give rise to routines, which in its turn guarantees quality and added value for clients.
– We have control over the goods from start to finish and so does the client, to whom a personal forwarder is assigned and who can keep track of the goods and its delivery. We see many operators who don’t have any information about the transport’s status before it reaches Sweden, and we want to be better than that. Delivery accuracy is our biggest strength and in Turkey we have over 98 percent, says Oscar Törnqvist.
– Another important aspect is customs in and out of the country. Our Turkish colleagues are trained in both Sweden and Turkey. They have knowledge of and experience in customs clearance of Turkish goods, which is very advantageous when it comes to contact with the authorities and customs management.
More than transport
Having an Istanbul office also means that Intereast can visit clients’ suppliers to check the status of orders and to solve potential problems in early stages.
– We deliver quality at every step of the process – from loading to driving, customs clearance and delivery at the right time – and simultaneously maintain continuous communication with the client. Our local presence makes this possible, according to Oscar Törnqvist.
From the start, InterEast has specialized in transportation services to and from Sweden and Eastern Europe. In our Romanian office in Focsani, we handle everything from third-party logistics to warehousing. Now we unveil our latest venture – a brand new warehouse with specs to dream of. InterEast has been specializing in transportation services to and…
For the past years, InterEast has grown significantly on our Poland traffic and noticed an increased demand for transport solutions to and from Eastern Europe. Despite facing todays challenging climate, we break new ground and open the doors to our new office in Kalisz, Poland. – Poland is an important market for us. With the…
(Recently updated 2020-04-17) We are working actively to ensure that your goods will arrive at your doorstep on time. Covid-19 creates new challenges every day and with those challenges follow a lot of uncertainty. We would therefore like to keep you up-to-date on what we DO know. It is no secret that Covid-19 creates countless…